Brussels Sprouts Panzanella With Pecan Dressing
Invite your friends and family over to kick off the holiday season with this delicious dish.
We Coloradans got our fair share of October snow last week, which has ushered us into November and the glow of the holiday season with an even stronger desire to stay warm and cozy. We’re ready to snuggle up by the fireplace, enjoy a mug of hot cocoa, and invite our favorite people to gather around the dinner table for comforting holiday meals.
Spending quality time with friends and family is the reason for the season, but sometimes more hours are spent preparing holiday dishes than enjoying them with our loved ones. This winter, cut down on meal-prep time with a speed-cooking oven—and use it to whip up this recipe for Brussels Sprouts Panzanella with Pecan Dressing, a scrumptious way to kick off the next couple of months’ worth of savoring.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 toasted baguette
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup honey
- 16 ounces baby kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss Brussels sprouts and olive oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the sprouts from the bowl and place them face down on the speed-cooking oven’s bake tray.
- Place the tray on the turntable of the speed-cooking oven and close the door.
- Press speed cook, and using the selector, scroll to side dishes and press the selector to select.
- Scroll to roasted vegetables then press the selector in two more times to start the recipe.
- Using the selector scroll to add 4 extra minutes to the cooking time.
- At the end of the cook cycle, remove the tray and place the sprouts into the mixing bowl with the toasted baguette.
- Add coconut oil to the skillet and turn to medium-high for 1 minute.
- Add the onion to the oil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pecan and continue to cook stirring constantly for another minute.
- On medium heat stir in the vinegar, wine, basil, and honey, then cook for 2 minutes. Turn the dressing off to cool.
- Pour the finished dressing over the roasted sprouts, baguette, kale and toss lightly.
- Place the panzanella on a platter and garnish with the blue cheese crumbles and apple.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bon appetit and happy holidays!
Elise Raydo Kersh is Designer Engagement Leader with Monogram, an appliance company that creates premium products with high style, superior craftsmanship and award-winning technology, raising the bar on what’s possible in the kitchen. View their profile or contact Elise at 469-585-8835.
Content for this article provided by Monogram Appliances.