Tracy Hobbs' Favorite Things
The owner of Eleanor & Hobbs women’s boutique in historic downtown Louisville, shares her must-haves.
1. HOUSE-WARMING GIFT I am old-school on this one. I always like to bring something I have cooked or baked. But if I do buy a gift, it’s a fabulous bottle of wine and a great candle. I love LAFCO. Their handblown vessels are gorgeous. Feu de Bois Ski House Candle, $65.
2. CLOTHING DESIGNER Ulla Johnson is one of my favorite wearable designers. Her impeccable style and feminine look is simply stunning. As for runway, I’m in love with Valentino, Chanel and Marchesa. I love to watch how these designers influence everyday fashion.
3. RETAIL STORE I love when a store is carefully curated, well thought-out and impeccably merchandised. Although I don’t have small kids anymore, I love shopping at Pitter Patter in Louisville whenever I’m searching for gifts. Their service is exceptional.
4. MUSEUM The Dior exhibit at the Denver Art Museum is stunning. It took my breath away. It’s on view through March 17th.
5. PURSE I think a great bag and a great pair of shoes can make or break your outfit. My go-to is something Clare V. I always have a few of their zip pouches inside my bag for lipstick or miscellaneous items. I love the Leopard Hair Flat Clutch ($245) and the Le Big Box Bag ($425).
6. HAIR CARE I use Davines hair-care products, because I believe in only the best when it comes to your hair. I buy my products at Trivium Salon in Louisville. Davines OI Shampoo, $31, and Davines OI conditioner, $38.
7. DENIM BRAND I can’t get enough of Mother, an L.A.-based denim line. It’s comfortable and completely on trend. Plus, their tops, tees and jackets are showstoppers.
8. JEWELRY STORE When I want to buy fine jewelry or shop for a special piece for an occasion, I head to J. Albrecht Designs in Boulder. They have the most beautiful selection, and the owners couldn’t be nicer.
9. CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT I am never without a cashmere travel wrap—as a scarf, wrap, pillow or blanket when I travel (I’ve even been known to use it for my mini-dachshund, Scout). I like to throw one on with a T-shirt for chilly Colorado mornings. White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap, $298.
10. WATCH I’m an Apple Watch kind of girl. It lets me know when my kids are calling or when I have an appointment. Someday, a Cartier … but not now. Apple Watch Series 4, from $399.
11. SHOES The perfect shoe for Colorado year-round is the ankle boot. Because I am on my feet all day long, it’s important that my shoes and boots are comfortable. Right now my favorite brand is Homers, made in Spain. I buy them at Two Sole Sisters in Boulder. $386-$458.