The CEO and Founder of OULA Company Shares Her Favorite Things
Meet Erika Dalya Massaquoi— wife, mom and CEO of a globally focused womenswear brand sold at Nordstrom
1) COOKING CLASS Cook Street School of Culinary Arts offers a Culinary Date Night, and it’s within walking distance of our home! We recently made a magnificent bouillabaisse in the French Classics class.
2) HIGH TEA We just had a birthday party for my daughter at Babe’s Tea Room which was so fun. It’s high tea but not old-school. It’s bright and light and groovy. This is high tea for everyone. 2401 15th St., Denver.
3) WORKOUT I go to Lagree Luxe Pilates Golden Triangle twice a week, and I can really see a change in my body. I also like yoga and running, but it’s good to mix it up. Pilates stretches me out and has given me a strong core. 1255A Delaware St., Denver.
4) BAKERY The cakes from Azucar Bakery are divine. The white cake with traditional cream cheese filling is my favorite. So fluffy, light and delicious. It’s a must for every birthday and is often sold by the slice. 1886 S. Broadway, Denver.
5) DENVER MARKET My husband is from Sierra Leone, so our first order of business when we moved to Denver was to find an African grocer. We frequent Makola African Market, which has everything we need: smoked fish and poultry, cassava leaves and palm oil. When my mother-in-law visits she makes us dishes from her cookbook, Foods of Sierra Leone and Other West African Countries. 2032 Clinton St., Aurora.
6) SKINCARE Environ all the way. My favorite aesthetician recommended it to me years ago, and I now use the ACE oil nightly. If you want glossy, glowing skin, this is your holy grail. In addition, I go to Restorative Injectables for the best deep cleanse facial in town. Leah is not afraid—she goes all the way in. Restorative Injectables by Taylor Campbell, 6981 E. Belleview Ave., Denver.
7) FURNITURE LINE We recently purchased a historic home in Capitol Hill, and I am carefully curating our furnishings. I really admire the custom work of Nicole Crowder and would love to commission her for a piece someday.
8) ART FAIR I’ve been an active contemporary art curator my entire career, but I’ve only recently begun collecting. My go-to resource is 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair. It’s the leading international art fair dedicated to contemporary art from Africa and its diaspora. There are three editions each year, in New York City, London and Marrakesh.
9) RIDING STORE Since moving to Colorado, my 11-year-old has become a budding equestrian, and Dover is her favorite store for saddle pads, riding gloves, outfits, girths and everything else. Dover Saddlery, 11120 S. Twenty Mile Rd.,Parker.