Jen & Josh Wolkon's Favorite Things
The power couple behind Ace Eat Serve, Vesta and Steuben's list what they love
1. FURNITURE LINE. We’ve commissioned our favorite pieces from home-goods artist Dan Sjogren of Sjotime Industries, a local handmade-furniture company. He has created a highly functional entry-storage unit for us (including a space specifically for our yoga mats), a desk topper for Josh’s home office and a children’s modern art table.
2. CLOTHING DESIGNER. Jen: It’s rare to find me without a scarf around my neck. My favorites are from a small Italian company, 813 Ottotredici, sold at Garbarini.
3. BAG. Josh: I go for Topo Designs, which blends modern, mountain style with utilitarian functionality. This has been my go-to backpack since they first opened in Denver, and now our teenage boys carry them as well. Rover Pack in Olive, $139.
4. BAG. Jen: I love Colorado craftswoman Elke, who has her own studio and shop (by elke) on Pearl Street in Boulder. All of her bags are great for traveling. I especially like this Suede Card Case for just the essentials, $20.
5. COLORADO ARTIST. We were taken by Trine Bumiller’s work at Robischon Gallery and commissioned a piece similar to the one that first caught our eye. Her paintings make you feel like you’re swimming through transparent and layered lines.
6. HOUSEWARMING GIFT. The New Food Lover’s Companion by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Every cook should own a copy, and it lasts a lifetime. $16.99; at Tattered Cover Book Store.
8. SKIN CARE. Jen: Eminence Organics offers many face creams that are thick and moisturizing enough for our dry Colorado climate. I buy them at Alchemy Face Bar in the Highlands. Eminence Bright Skin Moisturizer SPF 30, $58.
9. PET STORE. Evergreen’s Chow Down is an all-natural and wellness-focused pet store. The staff gives guidance with heart and soul.
10. SHOES. Jen: My fave boots and platforms are Chloé. They are a staple in my closet.
11. JEWELRY LINE. Jen: Aspen’s Taylor and Tessier, where rustic and natural meets stylish.
12. SKIS. Icelantic, another Colorado company! We love to ski together, so you will often find us having a Monday date day on the hill. These skis have great graphics, and more importantly, they rip. Men’s Nomad 181, $750; Women’s Maiden 101, $649.