Institute of Classical Architecture and Art
Rocky Mountain Chapter
Join locally but think globally. ICAA membership provides access to educational opportunities across the ICAA’s 15 Chapters, unique travel experiences, and much more.
The Rocky Mountain Chapter(RMC) of the ICAA brings classical architecture and arts to the Denver Metro community through sponsored public and member-only events, including guest lecturers, workshops, award ceremonies and home tours. If you would like to support our non-profit as we strive to advance the practice and appreciation of the classical tradition, please consider becoming a member of the ICAA.
Benefits of Membership:
- Education: ICAA provides a forum and comprehensive educational resource for students, design and building professionals, and the general public, both in the United States and in Europe.
- Academic Programs: Continuing education courses; study and drawing tours; seminars; intensive winter and summer programs for professionals; and academic partnerships extending a unique curriculum in our chapter through a partnership with the University of Colorado, College of Architecture and Planning.
- Public Education Programs: Includes lectures, exhibits, walking and travel tours, and conferences on classical architecture and the allied arts.
- Publications: ICAA publishes an annual journal, The Classicist, and new and reprinted books on classical design through “The Classical America Series in Art and Architecture”. The Forum, a newsletter for members, is published twice per a year, complemented by a lively array of email updates from across the country throughout the year and an online blog at blog.classicist.org.
- Awards: Through the annual Arthur Ross Awards ceremony, and in our chapter through the Newman Award ceremony, ICAA recognizes excellence by honoring the achievements and contributions of architects, painters, sculptors, artisans, landscape designers, patrons, and others in preserving and advancing the classical tradition. The Rieger-Graham Prize and the Alma Schapiro Prize provide opportunities for designers, architects and fine artists to study abroad as affiliated fellows of the American Academy in Rome.
- Advocacy: ICAA maintains a strong voice in the public domain, championing the continuation of the classical tradition as a vital cultural resource.