Guest Blogger Guidelines
Colorado Homes & Lifestyles Guest Blogger Content Submission Guidelines
Guest blogging is a wonderful way to establish yourself as an expert to a large population of readers interested in home architecture, design, décor, and living in the Colorado. Colorado Homes & Lifestyles offers you an established media platform to grow your reputation and build your blog followers.
The Colorado Homes & Lifestyles audience:
- Average age: 54
- Age 35-54: 40%
- Female: 83%
- Married: 80%
- College graduate: 95%
- Average household income: $275,137
- Average net worth: $1,876,437
- Average value of primary home: $783,245
- Second home owners: 35%
- Average value of second home: $966,071
Our audience is interested in:
- Home design ideas/trends
- Landscape and gardening
- Style/décor ideas/trends
- Furniture and accessories
- Colorado homemaking and living
- Stylemakers/key players in Colorado style and design
- Colorado destinations/travel
- Colorado events
- Food/wine/beer festivals
- Arts/craft festivals
- Design events
- Any event open to the public related to the sphere of these topics
What are we looking for?
- Well-written, high-quality, original content. We all know how Google hates duplicate content, so if you are hoping to repurpose content from your blog, we ask that you modify it for us in some way.
- Content that is free of blatant self- or product-promotion.
- Content that is accompanied by images. The nature of home design and lifestyle content lends itself to bright, pleasant photography. We are open to using iPhone and/or amateur photos, and if you are using professional photography, we ask that you obtain official permission to use the photo and include the photo credit along with the image.
- There is no length requirement; posts should be as long or brief as the nature of the content dictates.
- Our editors reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. This can include editing headlines, copy, hyperlinks, and format/flow issues in order to maximize the reader experience, as well as optimize the content’s search rankings.
- You are responsible for your own fact-checking.
- To adhere to Google’s guidelines for guest blogging, articles that are clearly intended as a link-building scheme will be rejected. Please be thoughtful about any links you include.
- Each blog post will be accompanied by a 1-2 sentence blogger profile, where you can display your name, bio, and a link back to your blog/website.
How do you submit content?
We prefer content to be submitted as a Word document and emailed to our digital editor, Vanessa Richetti, at email@example.com. You can also include attachments.