Cindy Ollig's Favorite Things
The owner of The Perfect Petal flower shop/boutique shares her favorites
1. WEBSITE: cupofjo.com and joythebaker.com (checked on Sunday, specifically). I love both of these blogs, because each includes off-topic reads from all different sectors and spectrums. They will cover a book review, an inside story about politics, something on organizational techniques or a wide variety of recipes.
2. COLORADO ARTIST: Madeleine O’Connell’s art covers my house in almost every room. She happens to be blowing up in Denver this year, which makes me really happy because I’ve collected her pieces for so long. Her patterns are in textiles now, as well.
3. SHEETS/BLANKET: My friend had a lake house once that had these bamboo sheets in her guest room. They are softer than cotton. We sourced the sheets and found them at Bed Bath & Beyond! Cariloha Resort Sateen Viscose Made From Bamboo Sheet Set, $238.99-$259.99.
4. CLOTHING DESIGNER: I wear Zara most days, and Free People on the other days. I can get a little bit of an edge from these brands, but I can still be comfortable and move. When I go to a shoulder-rubbing soirée, I wear Nanette Lepore dresses. Her fabrics push the envelope.
5. FLOWER: This year I am obsessed with the locally grown Koko Loko garden rose. It provides that half-tone in color combinations that bridges and glues hues together to form the perfect palette. In years past I’ve been partial to wine anemones and creamy cloony ranunculus.
6. RESTAURANT: I eat at Denver Milk Market in the Dairy Block, because I love every restaurant concept there. I order the Green Huntsman Rotisserie Chicken Caesar Salad for diet days and Lou’s Hot and Naked Hot Chicken to take to tailgate parties at Red Rocks. Cornicello’s gelato is to die for, especially the pistachio and hazelnut.
7. JEWELRY LINE: CLP and Lindsay Bloom. CLP (Christy Lea Payne) is very bohemian and wanderlust, like wearing your favorite pair of jeans. All of her pieces are extremely durable, and you can wear them every day, in the shower, at home or for travel. They really become a part of you. Lindsay Bloom is also local, and we’ve carried her forever. Her things are a little bit more tailored and classic, but can be both dressy or casual. The Perfect Petal, Denver.
8. LUGGAGE: Mia Toro from Italy. My carry-on is lighter than air, indestructible and fits in the overhead. We bought ours in Europe when we were there for a family reunion in Germany. I like to travel really light. Tasca Fusion Hardside Spinner Carry-On, $150.