The Magic of Mobile Tiny Homes
Hit the road or host a guest in these stylish, portable gems
Photos courtesy of ESCAPE RV/Steve Niedorf
Where home design trends used to lie in large, sprawling estates with thousands of square footage, now the tendency leans toward smart, small spaces. Enter the Tiny Home Movement, which has been sweeping the nation in the past few years, supporting efficient, cozy, minimalistic—and in this case, super-stylish—living. Add wheels to the mix, and you can literally take your tiny home everywhere you go. Road trip, anyone?
These two new sleek, handcrafted designs from ESCAPEHomes are revolutionizing the mobile tiny home scene in large ways. Easily transported in their own trailers and equipped with insulation and A/C, these tiny-homes-on-the-go are perfect for Coloradans who are antsy for adventure. Consider them for summer camping trips and winter getaways, for providing cozy and creative guesthouses, or even for serving as vacation rentals.
The ESCAPE Vista
Introductory price: $39,900
This 160-square-foot tiny home features low slung, horizontal architecture with long panoramic windows, drawing the outdoors in.
The standard model is decked out with all the necessities (and many luxuries, too):
- clear cedar exterior, and CorTen steel with unique fenestration
- various wood interiors: aspen, maple, or pinewood finishes
- a full daybed/sleeping area
- a small kitchen
- a bathroom with a full shower
- a custom, all-wood work/dining table
- multiple large storage areas
- a unique, pop-up TV
- energy-efficient insulation
- stone countertops, and more.
The ESCAPE Traveler
Introductory price: $66,600
This 269-square-foot home on wheels can literally be pulled, parked, and unpacked wherever you wish to relax.
The standard model includes:
- cedar lap exterior and trim with steel accents and protective panels
- Dakota planking interiors
- accommodation for up to 6 people
- upper sleeping loft with a queen bed
- a kitchen with full-size appliances
- a bathroom with a tub and shower
- a living area with a fireplace
- a big-screen TV
- soaring, floor-to-ceiling windows
- insulation and climcate control
- utility hookups
- a washer and dryer, and more.
Don’t miss seeing these tiny homes in the flesh! These models were showcased at the 2016 Denver Home Show in May.