Five Under 40 Design Awards
Colorado Homes & Lifestyles' Five Under 40 awards spotlight the hottest emerging talent in residential design in Colorado, including architecture, home-design products and accessories, interiors, furniture and landscape design. Selected by an expert design panel, Five Under 40 winners are the people to watch, producing some of the most stunning and innovative work available today.
Profiles of the winners will appear in a special magazine section in the August issue of Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, and a private awards celebration will be held in early August.
Our 2016 winners:
Photo by Jennifer Olson
- A separate entry must be submitted for each nomination.
- Individuals may be nominated by either members of the design community or the general public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
- All entries and supporting material must be received by 5:00 pm MST on Friday, May 12, 2017.
- Nominees must be a residential design professional in one of the following categories:
- Residential architecture
- Residential interiors (including kitchen and bath design)
- Furniture design
- Home-design products and accessories (including finishes, fabrics, rugs, fixtures, accessories)
- Landscape design
- Nominees must live, work, or maintain a fully-staffed office in Colorado.
- Nominees must have made particularly notable contributions to their design specialty with work of the highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards and peer recognition, or other evidence.
- Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession.
- Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of December 31, 2017.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
All nominees must provide the following:
- A résumé, and multiple photos of 3-5 design projects that best show the quality of your work, including an outline of the scope of the project, location, dates, other professionals involved, and an explanation of your personal role in the project. Note: If your work is part of a collaborative effort, it is especially critical to be clear about the specific parts of each project that are yours, and the photos submitted should reflect that.
- Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, awards, and relevant publicity.
- Any additional information the judging committee should consider.
- Written confirmation that, if you are chosen as a winner, you will be available for a photo shoot in Denver in June and the award celebration in early August.
Please submit all material no later than 5:00 p.m. MST on Friday, May 12, 2017, to Michelle Johnson, Associate Editor, at email@example.com. (Particularly large files may need to be transmitted via a file-sending service such as DropBox.com.)
Important: Please note that electronic submission of all material is required, preferably as a PDF or Microsoft Word document. No submissions mailed to the Colorado Homes & Lifestyles office will be forwarded to the judges or returned; do not send unique copies of any photographs or publications.
QUESTIONS? Email us!