Calling all architects, interior designers, builders and homeowners! Do you have a Colorado home or residential project that would take our breath away? Submit it to our 2023 Home of the Year contest! This award celebrates the state’s most innovative, artful and over-the-top home designs. The winning project will be featured in the July/August 2023 issue of Colorado Homes & Lifestyles (CH&L).
- Contest Rules
- Entry Checklist
- Dates & Info
- Homeowner’s Release Form
- HOTY Entry Form
DEADLINE: Monday, April 3, 2023 @ 5 pm MST
(And while you’re at it, take a look at our 2022 Home of the Year: Retro Elegance.)
- Homes entered in the contest must be completed, fully furnished and owner-occupied primary residences and/or second homes located in Colorado. To be selected for HOTY, entries must be available for publication in CH&L magazine and may not be published in any competitive publication without written consent from CH&L magazine until after October 31, 2023.
- All styles and sizes of homes are accepted.
- Entries may be submitted by homeowners, architects, builders, interior designers, landscape architects and photographers.
- Entries must include a completed entry form.
- Entries must include a 500-word description.
- Entries must include a signed homeowner’s release authorizing the publication of the home.
- Hardcopy photographs of the home’s exterior, living room, dining area, kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom are required. Photographs on thumb drives will not be accepted. Additional shots of special features are optional. Note: Judges will give additional consideration to exceptional photography and styling.
- Please do not mark photographs with your company name–you may keep the photographers’ names on the images, but there should not be any information identifying your company on the photos.
- Finalists will later be asked to provide digital imagery.
- Self-addressed, stamped envelopes are required if you would like your submission returned.
- Finalist homes must be available for a one-hour walk-through by the judging committee if the committee deems an on-site visit necessary to make final decisions.
- Limit of one home submitted per firm or homeowner.
- Work on homes must have been completed after 2017.
- Homes submitted for the contest must be available to a CH&L magazine photographer for one full day. Award-winning homeowners, architects, builders and/or designers must be available to be interviewed by a CH&L magazine writer or editor. (Homeowners may remain anonymous in the story, however, they must agree to an interview.)
- Employees of WIESNERMEDIA and their families are not eligible to enter.
- A completed HOTY Entry form
- Home Description: In 500 words, describe the home and homeowners; please include details about the architect, interior design, location and furnishings.
- A signed Homeowner’s Release form
- Color photographs in hard-copy format—exterior, kitchen, living area, dining area, master bedroom and bathroom. Please also include photos of other areas of interest (media room, library/study, guest rooms, etc.). The quality of photographs can make a difference in the judges’ decision. (Materials will be handled with care; however, CH&L magazine assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged materials. Please do not send original prints.) Professional photographs must have photo credits.
- SASE: Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your entry if you would like your entry returned.
- Mail to: Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Attn: Home of the Year Contest, 1780 South Bellaire Street, Suite 505, Denver, CO 80222.
- DEADLINE: April 3, 2023. Entries must be received in our office by 5 PM. (Regrettably, we are unable to make exceptions or grant extensions).
- FINALISTS: We will email finalists asking for digital imagery.
DATES & INFO
- Mail to: Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Attn: Home of the Year Contest, 1780 South Bellaire Street, Suite 505, Denver, CO 80222
- DEADLINE: Entries must be received in the CH&L office no later than April 3 2023, by 5 PM MT.
- April 17, 2023: Finalists are selected and asked to send photography via email.
- April 28, 2023: Winners are notified.
- June 26, 2023: Subscribers receive copies.
- July 12, 2023: Newsstand copies.
- For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM
- DOWNLOAD HOMEOWNER’S RELEASE FORM