10 Things You Should Know...
1. Dash through the snow. Put a jingle in your love life by going on a sleigh ride. Two Below Zero, a company that loads up in Frisco, offers a variety of options, from a private jaunt to trips that include a hearty dinner or hot cocoa stop. dinnersleighrides.com
2. Stamp it with love. Wax poetic with Loveland’s Re-mailing Program. Send your pre-addressed, stamped valentine to the Loveland Chamber of Commerce, and from February 2-14 volunteers will hand stamp your card with a specially designed cachet and postal cancellation. loveland.org
3. Soak it up. Help love spring eternal by discovering the restorative powers of Glenwood Hot Springs. Out of 80,000 spas worldwide, Glenwood’s Spa of the Rockies was recently honored with the Spafinder’s Reader’s Choice award, testimony to its innovative botanical treatments. hotspringspool.com
4. Put the pieces together. A new boutique in Boulder dedicated to the cocoa craze, Piece, Love and Chocolate, offers panache to rival its ganache. Gaze in wonder at the concoctions, taste the Cups of Love (cupcakes filled with chocolate mousse) or indulge in creamy hot chocolate. pieceloveandchocolate.com
5. Tell it on a mountain. Marry your love of the slopes with the love of your life by getting hitched at the top of a ski run. Loveland, again, rules the romance roost with its annual mountaintop matrimony event, now in its 21st year. There’s a prize for best-dressed couple and wedding cake for all. skiloveland.com
6. Lounge in luxury. Hole up, hunker down and hang out in a room that inspires going nowhere. The Brown Palace offers its Luxurious Love package, which includes an overnight stay, cocktails, rose-petal turndown and breakfast in bed. brownpalace.com
The Broadmoor offers several packages, most of which involve champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. broadmoor.com
7. Get steamy onboard the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which snakes through dramatic canyon scenery alongside the Animas River. The steam train’s Valentine package comes with live music, champagne and—what else?—chocolate. durangotrain.com
8. Indulge with abandon. Sample five handcrafted wines paired with artisan chocolates at Bonacquisti Wine’s 6th Annual Wine & Chocolate Weekend, February 11-12. Located in Denver’s newish Winery Row, Bonacquisti sources its grapes from the Western Slope, but makes its award-winning wine on site. denverwine.net
9. Put some love in the air. Get thee to a hot air balloon and rekindle your relationship from a loftier perspective. Although the actual ballooning happens a few months later (the season starts in April or May), a gift certificate will win you huge points for originality. fairwindsinc.com
10. Go the extra mile. Get your name on the books at Ragnar’s in Steamboat Springs for the Sleigh Ride Dinner, which delivers a dreamy journey: first, ride the gondola under a canopy of stars, then hop a snowcat-powered sleigh to the restaurant, where a five-course Scandinavian-style dinner awaits. steamboat.com
Start the Conversation
Start your subscription today!
Colorado Homes & Lifestyles' unmatched homes coverage offers a peek inside the state's most inspiring residences. It is a definitive guide to Colorado’s most exquisite homes and gardens, top design professionals, premier shops and showrooms, award-winning restaurants and cultural events.