DIA Has Announced the Opening Date of Adjoining Westin Hotel
Westin at Denver International Airport
The highly anticipated Westin at Denver International Airport has announced its official opening date—and luckily, it’s just in time for holiday travel.
At a press event this week, Kim Day, CEO of Denver International Airport, Tom Curley, general manager of the Westin DIA, and Denver Mayor Michael Hancock announced that the 433,000-square-foot, 14-story hotel will open at 3 p.m. on November 19, 2015.
While construction continues over the next six months, here’s what you can expect from the completed project:
- 519 guest rooms including 35 suites, a 37,000 square-foot conference center, 15 meeting rooms
- Fitness studio, multiple dining locations, indoor swimming pool/hot tub
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Denver and the Rocky Mountain landscape
- Sleek design by Denver’s own architecture and design firm, Gensler
- Exterior and interior art installations from local to international artists such as Ned Kahn, Heather Patterson, and Yann Kersalé
- According to Mayor Hancock, the Westin DIA will create 200,000-300,000 new jobs for the state
- Transit center that provides RTD East Rail Line transportation between DIA and Denver Union Station (to be completed in 2016)