Regan Mattingly’s Favorite Things
The co-owner of Chalet Colorado and in-house interior designer talks about what she loves in her life
Photo by Emily Minton Redfield
1. El Five is my favorite new hot spot for a night out. Located high above the city of Denver in LoHi, the views are amazing. They offer thoroughly Mediterranean tapas, which are fun to share with a big group of friends or perfect for date night.
2. Ivystone Showroom is my happy place for all things home décor. Located in southwest Denver, the showroom serves up one-stop shopping for home furnishings (Noir and Arteriors), accessories, bedding (Peacock Alley and Elisabeth York), lighting, rugs and tabletop.
3. My top paint colors are Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter, Ballet White and Classic Gray. I am obsessed with neutrals, but these shades can also work well for my clients who love color. They make for a clean palette so that artwork and furnishings shine.
4. Area rugs from Artisan Rug Gallery. Owners Jeff and Tiffany Deutsch travel the world to bring authentic and amazing rugs to Denver.
5. Rose Tarlow Melrose House is my favorite fabric line. They have mastered the art of washed linen fabrics in gorgeous prints and solids that look absolutely beautiful in any interior. John Brooks, Denver Design District
6. Lolo’s Skin Care offers the best facial in Denver that won’t hurt your wallet. Laura Dick is a certified esthetician who works out of her home in central Denver. (720) 373-5112
7. Most of the art in our home is by Colorado artists. We commissioned Duke Beardsley (above) for an incredible painting that blends my husband’s home-design sketches with famous riders. We also love the block prints from local artist Scott W. Parker, and have collected many works from Visions West Contemporary.
8. I prefer unscented candles for most occasions, but Lafco candles are the exception. Every scent is blended to perfection. Their soaps and hand lotions are just as dreamy. Lafco Candle, $65, Wish Boutique, Denver, or lafco.com
9. Our family cabin in Marble, Colorado, 30 minutes south of Carbondale, is where we unplug and enjoy all the incredible outdoor activities our state has to offer. We also love the natural sulfur hot springs at Avalanche Ranch (which has darling cabins for rent).
10. I have the Ferrell Mittman Bobbi sofa, and I often suggest it for my clients. The comfort factor is off the charts, and the fabric options are endless. This sofa will not disappoint. Town Studio, Denver Design District