When The Brown throws a party, you know it is going to be an elegant and historic event……and this is the party they’ve been waiting 125 years to throw.
- Installation of a Mile High Marker on the Grand Staircase on Friday, Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. A team of surveyors has determined which step is exactly 5280 feet above sea level.
- Reading of proclamations by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper and Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock, Aug. 10, 5:45 p.m.
- Champagne and Oyster Reception in the Atrium Lobby, Aug. 11, 5 – 7 p.m., $18 per half dozen oysters
- A Seven-Course Anniversary Degustation Menu in the Palace Arms, Aug. 10-12, $150+ per person, wine pairing optional
- Anniversary Prime Rib Special ($39) in Ships Tavern and Dinner Special paired with Strange Craft Beer brewed for the occasion and aged in Stranahan’s Whiskey barrels (12.5% alcohol, of course!) Aug. 11-13
- Special historic tours of The Brown and its neighbors, the Navarre Building and Trinity Methodist Church by Brown Palace Hotel Historian Debra Faulkner will run throughout the weekend.
- Kids’ Jumbo Cupcake Decorating Class with pastry chef Olivia Shay, Aug. 12, $25
- Live music in the atrium with extended hours for a weekend of special Afternoon Tea in the Atrium Lobby, Aug. 11-13, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., starting at $40
- Tastings of Brown Palace special anniversary whiskey, produced exclusively by Stranahan’s Whiskey and made with The Brown’s artesian well water, Aug. 10 - 13
- A special anniversary edition of Ellyngton’s famous Champagne Brunch, Aug. 11 & 12, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., starting at $70.95
- An After-Hours Speakeasy in The Brown Palace Club, all you can eat/drink, with appetizers, desserts and featuring Stranahan’s Anniversary Whiskey from the barrel, Aug. 12, 9 p.m. - 1 a.m., $125
- Rarely seen historic artifacts on display throughout the weekend, including guest registers (some with VIP signatures), blueprints, menus, photographs, assorted antiques such as china and silver, telephones, radios and more, all weekend long
- Chef Demonstration & Gourmet Lunch with Executive Chef Timothy Ralphs, includes embroidered apron and personal recipe book, Aug. 11, 11 a.m., $125
- Prizes, drawings, happy hours, and special events all weekend long in the Atrium Lobby
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.